Tuesday, January 5, 2010


That's what time my clock read when N and I were woken up to Molly walking up our bed. She had crawled up on N's side of the bed and then pretty much fell on top of him. My clock said 4:38 the last time I crawled back into bed, although it was probably past 5:00 by the time I fell back asleep after listening for any sounds to indicate Molly was getting up again.

Last night I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I cut up a meatball into Molly size pieces and let it cool off. She devoured it and then asked for more More MORE. I cut off some pieces from my meatballs and put them on her plate. They felt cool enough to my touch, but apparently they were still too hot to bite into as she immediately spit it out and threw it. She then refused to eat anything else OR drink anything else. We're pretty sure she burned her mouth by the way she was sucking in air. We tried to get her to eat a popsicle, but she was not interested in putting anything back in her mouth. She kept crying so we finally got some Orajel in her to help ease the pain. That didn't really seem to do much so we got some Tylenol in her. She was pretty delicate for the rest of the evening, but went down ok.

Then she woke up at 9:30 crying again. So I got another little dose of Tylenol in her and rocked her back to sleep. All was quiet when I crawled into bed.

Then 1:22 this morning we were greeted with a lovely incoming Molly cannonball. We kept leading her back to bed and she kept getting out. Changed her diaper. Rocked with her. Ten minutes later she'd be walking back into our room. N gave her another dose of tylenol. Finally I just sat with her for a good half an hour and she finally just sat up and said, "Bed." I gladly obliged and put her down and crawled back into bed myself. All was well until 7:20 or so this morning when I woke up to Molly walking through the kitchen.

Hopefully last night was an isolated incident and there are no surprise visits tonight. Mommy's tired.


Mama Bree said...

oh man, so sorry to hear! :( I hope you guys have a better night tonight too!!!

Kim said...

She stayed in bed all last night so here's to hoping this was an isolated incident.