Saturday, April 11, 2009

M is for massage

Last night N and I dropped Molly off at my parent's place so we could have a belated birthday celebration for N. As we were walking out the door we casually mentioned that Molly hadn't napped and to have a nice evening. After her marathon 4 hour nap on Monday she really hasn't napped this week. I did get her to fall asleep on me for about an hour one day, but that's about it. I'm hoping she simply has some pent up energy after being sick and this isn't the end of nap time. *fingers crossed*

We headed up to Miyake's in Palo Alto for some sushi. After dinner we did a quick lap of Univeristy Ave and popped into the Apple Store. I'm still a little shocked we left empty handed, but really what is there left in that store for N to buy? (that's a rhetorical question people, N doesn't need any help spending money!) We then headed over to Watercourse Way for the evening.


First up was an hour in room Nine Bats (Multi-Jetted Spa, Steam & Cold Plunge). I love steam rooms. My dream house consists of a porch and a steam room/shower. The steam was heavenly with this head cold that refuses to die. After that we both headed to our one hour massages. My lady busted out some hot stones towards the end that were a very pleasant surprise. Turns out N had the same luck. I wonder if this is something all massages have now or if we just got lucky. Who cares? It was awesome!

I was in bed by 10:30 and it felt great. I did get up twice to let the dogs out, but I still slept in until 9:00 am. It was just what the doctored ordered. I feel better today than I have in the last two weeks. Not 100%, but the full night sleep definitely helped. Unfortunately my mom wasn't as lucky on the sleep front. Molly went down with very little fanfare around 7:30 pm. However, her coughing and congestion woke her up around 4:00 am. My mom propped her up on the couch and they dozed there until about 6:00 am. Bummer. I was hoping she was over her cold enough to sleep through the night for them like she always does. I'm pretty sure Granny headed back to bed after we picked up Molly and headed out to brunch.

No comments: