Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dinseyland, Day Two

We had covered most of Disneyland on Sunday so we decided to start the day at California Adventure on Monday. My main goal for the trip was to have Molly see Princess Tiana (check) and go on the Monsters, Inc. ride. She actually woke up that morning and, "Monsters, Inc. on the iPad" were the first words out of her mouth. Since it took her a while to warm up the day before we decided to just let her watch her movie and have some fruit and yogurt in the room first. California Adventure was not going to open until 10:00 so we had plenty of time to make our way over. N had a con call at 10:30 so we hit Monsters, Inc. as soon as it opened and then he took off to do his calls. After the first ride we were joined by the Chouns and Jodoins (who had already done some rides at Disneyland) and we went on it again.

We then hit up Bug's Land and went on most of the kiddie rides in that area (Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Tuck and Roll's Drive'Em Buggies, and Flik's Flyers). It was nice and shady which was excellent because it was starting to get quite sunny and warm. Next stop was lunch. The Jodoins took off at that point and I went to meet up with the Chouns (who headed out a few minutes earlier). By the time I get to the ride they are waiting in line for I look down and realize Molly is fast asleep. N is done with his work calls and is on his way back to the park so I wait to have a quick hello before Molly and I head back to the room for nap time.

After nap time Molly and I meet up with N and Jarrod at the House of Blues for happy hour. I realize I left the diaper bag on the bed so I head back to the room to grab it while N does a quick trip to CA Adventure for yet another go on the Monsters, Inc. ride. I think we have a favorite.

Jarrod was having a massive IHOP craving so we meet up with everyone and walk over. It's right on the edge of the Disneyland property, but still a mile away. We arrive and they actually seat all 11 of us in one massive booth. They take our drink order and then Molly is done. She's usually really good in restaurants, but I saw no reason to force her to stay when she was clearly done for the day. She was feeling much better today than she did on Sunday, but still not quite 100% so we head back to the room. It was almost 7:00 and I saw no reason to force her through a meal. We got back to the room and I set her up with Monsters, Inc. and she inhales the better part of a banana. I flip through the room service menu and when I mention grilled cheese Molly lights up. She eats her grilled cheese, fruit cup, and carrot sticks and is definitely winding down for the night. I get her in a nice warm bath and she passes out quickly after.

No comments: